Home Our Beliefs
Grace Life Baptist is a Bible-believing and teaching church.
This is the basic statement of faith of Grace Life Baptist Church as it pertains to the basic doctrines of the Christian faith.
- We believe in the inerrancy and infallibility of the Scriptures. The Bible does not only contain the Word of God, it is the Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:19-21
- We believe in the one and living true God, revealed as eternally existing in three equal persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All three persons are equal as Deity and are One God (Triune). Exodus 20:2, 3; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 1 John 5:6-8; Matthew 28:19
- We believe in the Biblical account of the creation of the physical universe, angels, and man; that the account is not a myth but a historical account of creation. We do not believe in evolution or any gap or any previous forms of life. All men are descended from Adam and Eve, the first parents of the human race. Genesis 1; 2; 3; Colossians 1:16, 17; John 1:3
- We believe that man was created in the image of God in innocence, but Adam fell from that happy and innocent state because of sin, and his sin was imputed to the entire human race, and in that consequence all men are born totally depraved in Adam’s fallen nature. Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 1:18, 32; 3:10-19; 5:12, 19
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. No other man was ever born or can be born of woman in that miraculous way, and He is the Eternal Son of God, and God the Son. Genesis 1:26; 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:35; John 1:14
- We believe that salvation of sinners is divinely initiated and wholly of grace through the mediatorial offices of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; Who by appointment of the Father, voluntarily took upon Himself our nature, yet was and is God, without sin and died a substitutionary atoning death for sin, qualifying Himself to be the only Savior. Therefore, election is the act of God which, before the foundation of the world, He chose “in Christ” those whom He would graciously regenerate, save and sanctify. Therefore by grace are we saved from sin and made new creatures by being born again, by the Holy Spirit when one applies their personal faith in the finished and redeeming work of Jesus Christ. Jonah 2:9; Ephesians 2:8-9; Acts 15:11; Romans 3:24, 25; John 3:16; Matthew 18:11; Isaiah 53:4-7, John 1:12-13; 6:65; Acts 13:48, Romans 8:28-30, Ephesians 1:4-11, 2 Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Timothy 2:10, 1 Peter 1:1-2, Titus 3:4-7
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ and in His bodily ascension into heaven, where He now sits at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest, interceding for us. Matthew 28:6, 7; Luke 24:39; John 20:27; 1 Corinthians 15:4: Mark 16:6; Luke 24:2-6, 51; Acts 1:9-11; Revelation 3:21: Hebrews 8:6; 12:2; 1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 2:17; 5:9, 10
- We believe in the security and preservation of the saints, that all who are truly born again are kept by God the Father for Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6; John 10:28, 29; Romans 8:35-39
- We believe that a true local church is an organized congregation of immersed believers that have been born again by the Spirit of God, made possible by their faith in Jesus Christ and His redeeming work alone. Thereby becoming members of the invisible church, they then become members of the local church exactly as seen in Scripture. 1 Corinthians 11:2; Acts 20:17-28; 1 Timothy 3: 1-11; Acts 2:41, 42; 1 Corinthians 12:12, 13; Ephesians 1:22, 23; 3:1-6; Colossians 1:18
- We believe in two ordinances for the church that were given to us by the Head of the church, Jesus Christ: baptism by immersion (showing the emblem of what Christ did for us in His death, burial and resurrection); and the Lord’s supper, the taking of the bread and the cup in commemoration of His death, until He comes. Neither has any saving merit, but they are ordinances set by Christ to give a memorial and commemorative picture of His finished work. Acts 8:36, 39; John 3:23; Romans 6:3-5; Matthew 3:26; Colossians 2:12; 1 Corinthians 11:23-28; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:41, 42
- We believe that there is a radical difference between the righteous (in Christ) and the wicked (outside of Christ), and that only those who are justified by faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and saved and sanctified by the Spirit, will be eternally saved and, after physical death, will pass into heaven into eternal conscious bliss. Those that have rejected salvation as provided by The Lord Jesus Christ by His finished work on the cross alone, will be eternally lost and will suffer in hell, and finally and eternally, the lake of fire. Malachi 3:18; Genesis 18:23; Romans 6:17, 18; 1 John 5:19; Romans 7:6; 6:23; Proverbs 14:32; Luke 16:25; Matthew 25:34-41; John 8:21; Revelation 20:14, 15
- We believe that the end of the world is approaching; that at the Last Day Christ will descend from heaven, and raise the dead from the grave to final retribution; that a solemn separation will then take place; that the wicked will be adjudged to endless punishment, and the righteous to endless joy; and that this judgment will fix forever the final state of men in heaven or hell, on principles of righteousness. I Peter 4:7; I Corinthians 7:29-31; Hebrews 1:10-12; Matthew 24:35