On October 31, 1517, a German monk named Martin Luther nailed 95 theses to a church door in Wittenburg, Germany. Luther’s desire was to reclaim the true gospel and from there the Protestant Reformation was born. From the Protestant Reformation came the Five Solas (sola, meaning alone):
- Sola Scriptura (Scripture alone): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
- Solus Christus (Christ alone): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
- Sola Fide (faith alone): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Sola Gratia (grace alone): We are saved by the grace of God alone.
- Soli Deo Gloria (to the glory of God alone): We live for the glory of God alone.
Beginning August 28, we will be preaching through the Five Solas and how these truths still guide and shape the Christian church.
Join us on Sundays at 9:30am as we walk through the history of the Protestant Reformation via a DVD series.