Next Sunday, January 6, will mark my sixth month as pastor-teacher of Grace Life. Our family arrived in mid-July and we didn’t realize how hot and humid a place could be until we arrived here in Houston! We love Houston, Cypress, our community and, most importantly, we can’t thank the Lord enough for our church family.
God has kindly and graciously added to the Grace Life family over the past six months. We have seen people born-again. We have seen younger Christians take steps of obedience. We have seen inactive Christians now actively serving as functioning members of this body. Our church body, by God’s grace, has taken steps of faith.
As Grace Life moves into 2013 I want us to prayerfully imagine:
- a church body with two Grace Life Groups (and more as God adds to our church family),
- a nursery for infants/toddlers during the worship service,
- the privilege to reach Hispanic-speaking individuals in Cypress,
- a weekend devoted to prayer and seeking God as a church body.
During next Sunday’s Members’ Meeting I plan on presenting to our church family specific areas of growth that we need to prayerfully seek. As we walk by faith, no doubt, there will be other areas that God will direct us toward as well. Until then, let’s continue to strive to be what God expects of His body:
- assembling to hear God’s Word preached
- sincerely loving one another
- faithfully evangelizing our community together
- passionately worshipping Jesus together
- consistently provoking one another to love and good works